Welcome to the Malheur County District Attorney's Website
The District Attorney's office has three divisions: Criminal Prosecution, Child Support and Victims' Services.
The Criminal Prosecution Division is responsible for
- Preparing and filing formal charges against defendants
- Conducting hearings and trials associated with those charges
- Advising local law enforcement agencies in investigations and obtaining evidence for use in criminal matters
The Child Support Division
- Accepts new cases for child support payment and monitors existing cases
- Collects child support payments for non-welfare families in Malheur County
- Has the power to use garnishments, writs of execution, liens and contempt to secure payment of court-ordered support obligations
The Victims' Assistance Program
- Provides information concerning rights of crime victims and assists victims in electing rights
- Provides general information about the criminal justice system
- Maintains a system of notifications to keep victims updated on their cases
- Accompanies victims to court when requested
- Assists with the return of property being held for evidence
- Assists with determining restitution
- Assists with Crime Victims' Compensation applications
- Provides referrals to outside agencies, such as social services and community services
We have tried to make the information on this web site easily available and understandable. If there is any problem in finding out what you want to know, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at the telephone number shown below.
Daniel O. Norris has been the elected District Attorney in Malheur County, Oregon, since 2000. To read more about District Attorney Norris, click here.
To learn more about Oregon Criminal Justice system, please visit the following websites.